Admittedly, aguaje doesn’t have the best taste. However, just by looking at it you can tell that it is loaded with nutrients. The inside of the fruit is a beautiful bright yellow color – a sign that it is rich in carotenoid antioxidants.
Aguaje is best known for its hormone-balancing benefits. Many women in South America eat it to relieve symptoms of PMS and menopause. Aguaje is also said to increase the size of your butt and breasts, hence why it is found in supplements like this one for “making you curvier.”
There are plenty of health benefits of aguaje, but one of the lesser-known benefit of aguaje is that it is great for your skin.
You probably know that vitamin E is important for fighting wrinkles and keeping skin looking youthful. Well, aguaje has 25 to 31 times more vitamin E than avocados!
In addition, aguaje is also anti-microbial (meaning it will kill bacteria). If you apply aguaje oil to your face, it will help fight the bacteria that kills acne while simultaneously moisturizing your skin. This natural acne treatment is much better than those harsh acne face washes which damage your skin.
To improve skin quality, some women (and men) simply apply aguaje oil to their face before sleeping. To really give your skin a good treatment, try these DIY aguaje face masks.
Reasons to Try an Aguaje Oil Face Mask
- Aguaje oil is one of the best natural sources of vitamin E, important for neutralizing free radicals which damage skin cells.
- The vitamin E in aguaje oil helps boost collagen production, thus reducing wrinkles.
- Aguaje oil can help reduce brown spots on skin.
- Aguaje oil is an excellent moisturizer.
- Aguaje oil is a natural antimicrobial and works great for treating acne.
- Aguaje oil is 100% natural and does not contain the harsh skin-damaging chemicals that standard face masks do.
Before Trying Aguaje Oil Face Masks
I’ve never heard of anyone having a bad reaction to aguaje oil on their skin. However, some people do react badly to vitamin E. Just to be safe, try rubbing a bit of aguaje oil on a small patch of skin first (the skin on your hand or neck works well) just to see if a reaction occurs.
Face masks should always be done on a CLEAN face. Otherwise, you’ll just be locking in any dirt/grime in your pores. So, whether you use oil cleansing, cleansing grains, or another method, make sure your face is clean before doing any of these aguaje oil face masks!
Where to Buy Aguaje Oil?
There are a few brands of aguaje oil out there. I personally like the aguaje oil by Botanical Beauty. The aguaje oil is 100% pure and virgin so it retains more of its nutrients. You can buy it here.
Aloe Vera, Lemon, Yogurt, Sea Salt and Aguaje Oil Face Mask
- Mix 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel (where to buy) with 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Mix in 2 tbsp of yogurt.
- Mix in 1 tsp of aguaje oil.
- Add a small pinch of sea salt.
- Apply the mixture to your clean face.
- Let it dry completely.
- Rinse your face with cold water.
- Cover any remaining and put in the fridge; it will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
Best for: Treating acne, reducing dark spots; inflammation-related problems (such as eczema or psoriasis)
Papaya and Aguaje Oil Face Mask
- Mash up 2 tsp of papaya pulp
- Mix in 1 tsp of aguaje oil
- Mix in 1 tsp of rose water (where to buy)
- Apply to your face and let sit for 10-15 minutes and then rinse.
Best for: Brightening skin complexion, diminishing blemishes, chronically-dry skin
Bentonite Clay and Aguaje Oil Face Mask
- Mix together 1 tbsp bentonite clay with 1 tbsp raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Mix in 1 tsp aguaje oil
- Add 5 drops of tea tree oil
- Apply to face and let it dry; keep on for 30-45 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water
- Do not use metal utensils or bowls for mixing!
Best for: Detoxing the skin, tightening the skin, chronic acne
Honey and Aguaje Oil Face Mask
- Mix 1 tsp of honey with ½ tsp of aguaje oil
- Apply to your face and let sit for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse with warm water
Best for: Acne-prone skin, making your skin glow, decreasing appearance of scars, reducing the appearance of wrinkles
Mango, Oat, and Aguaje Oil Face Mask
- Mash up 2 tbsp of mango pulp
- Add ½ teaspoon aguaje oil
- Mix in 1 tsp of oat powder; it should make a thick paste
- Apply to your face and neck.
- Let it dry and then scrub it off. Rinse your skin with cold water.
Best for: Tightening skin, exfoliating skin, and reversing signs of aging