Here is a really easy smoothie to make that is great for hot summer days. The smoothie not only contains lots of antioxidants from the colorful fruits, but it also contains coconut water.
Coconut water has only recently gained popularity, but it has a lot of benefits. Some benefits of coconut water include:
- Contains easily digested carbs that give you energy
- Good source of electrolytes, which are very hydrating
- Rich in cytokines, which may help protect against cancer
- Also contains some calcium, B vitamins, magnesium, and other nutrients
- 1 banana
- 3 frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ mango
- ½ naval orange (or remove the seeds from an orange)
- ¾ cup coconut water (or more as necessary to get desired consistency)
Blend all of the ingredients together. Serve cold and enjoy!